Our Sterilization and Pathogen Control Procedures
Our practice adheres to all of the Standard and Transmission-Based Precautions and mandated by the Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC).
1. We maintain the highest cleanliness standards and sterilization protocols using OSHA-approved disinfectants and/or the barrier method to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
2. We use medical-grade disinfectants and cleaners shown to eliminate bacteria and viruses.
3. All instruments are sterilized using OSHA-approved methods between each patient. Instrument carriers are equipped with indicators that show they have reached the proper temperature during the process.
4. Many of our instruments and supplies are designed for single use. Once used, they are immediately disposed of safely.
5. Sterilization equipment is maintained and certified regularly.
6. Common areas like the reception area, restrooms, and consultation areas are all regularly cleaned and sterilized to prevent disease spread outside of the treatment room.
7. We have safety protocols in place in the event that our patients or dental team are exposed to any infectious diseases.
A full outline of the procedures can be found on the CDC website: Oral Health Procedures.